What is CleverEVAC™?
CleverEVAC is an engineered evacuation and way-guidance system that assists in providing solutions to evacuation challenges that are found in the built environment. This is achieved by designing individual solutions that integrate the suite of specialty CleverEVAC products with other fire safety and security measures.
The origins of CleverEVAC started in 2007 with the introduction of Sound Escape technology. Sound Escape uses directional, locatable broadband sound incorporated into EXIT Luminaires, assisting occupants in finding Exit locations.
Why is the CleverEVAC system effective in an evacuation?
The CleverEVAC system provides evacuating people with clear directional and locatable audio cues which are reinforced with verbal directions, coupled with both positive visual cues for the desired evacuation path, and negative cues for paths that should not be taken.
- Reduced decision time
- Evacuates people to the correct/nearest exits
- CleverEVAC signage can be configured for Fire System evacuation scenarios, to assist in directing people to safety
- Faster walking speed from greater confidence
- Better exit utilisation & sharing
- Guides occupants to exits even when smoke is obscuring visibility of EXIT signs
- Keeping people safe by directing them away from a security situation in the event of a resulting evacuation
These outcomes all contribute to the fundamental objective of getting people out of buildings faster and safer.